Win an all-expense paid trip for two*, to Sweden. Just like a housewarming gift, simply click a selfie with your authentic Indian ‘country warming gift’ for Sweden and send it to us in the comments section. Hurry, last day to participate is April 12th!
1. The Visit Sweden Country Warming Gift Contest, which is conducted only on social media platform Facebook, is here on referred to as “The Contest”.
2. The Contest is being organised by Visit Sweden AB.
3. Definition of ‘Country Warming gift’: In many cultures, when a guest visits a new house they give the host a house warming gift. So, why should visiting a new country be any different. Introducing the ‘Country Warming Gift’. Here we will select a winner basis the authentic Indian gift they wish to give to Sweden. (Note: the participant or winner is NOT expected to carry or be in possession of the gift. The usage is restricted only for the contest selfie).
Some ideas for the country warming gift are mithai (indian sweets), rajasthani doll, tribal art, garland, assam tea, mehendi tattoo, sari, earthen pots, urli, pashmina shawl, spices, classical music or jewellery. While the mentioned gifts are suggestion, originality in selecting the gift will be rewarded.
4. The Contest will be conducted in the following phases:
Phase 1: The participant would take a photograph of themselves holding/wearing the country warming gift and post this photograph in the comments section of Visit Sweden’s country warming gift contest posts on Facebook.
Phase 2: Visit Sweden AB shall select received entries and compile them into an album. Participants with selected entries will be notified and encouraged to share their entry.
Phase 3: Visit Sweden AB shall choose one (1) participant on the basis of the popularity of the image on Facebook via number of Likes and their creativity for selecting a gift. (“Winner”).
5. The Contest commences from 29th March 2017 and will end on midnight of 12th April 2017 (“Closing Day/Time”).
6. The Contest Gratification, (“The Prize”), is
- Two non-transferable airline tickets for a single return journey from India to Sweden.
- Accommodation in Sweden.
- NOT including: food, alcohol, boarding and any other expenses the Winner and his/her partner may incur such as medical expenses, mobile/telephone, local travel expenses, shopping, domestic travel to board the flight and any other charges incurred by the Winner.
7. The Winner can bring only one (1) person to accompany him/her on the journey.
8. Any tax, if applicable, on this prize will be borne solely by the Winner.
9. The Winner and his/her partner will be required to apply for the Schengen visa through assistance from Visit Sweden AB. The expenses for obtaining the visa will be borne by the Winner. In such a scenario where the visa is rejected, the Winner and his/her partner would have to forgo the Prize.
10. The Winner will be required to click pictures and post on their personal social media accounts to amplify the promotional activity, and as per such details and directions, as specifically required by the Organiser during the Winner’s visit to Sweden. The Winner will be required to be available via SMS / WhatsApp / Facebook with Visit Sweden during their entire trip in Sweden.
11. The Contest is open only to Indian residents above 18 years of age, with a valid Indian passport (with at least 1 year validity).
12. The Winner and his/her partner must have valid documentations, including but not limited to valid passports, which meet the requirements of travel at every destination.
13. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred because of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay) will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
14. The participants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the Prize do not contravene any local laws or regulations. Participants agree to upload photographs that are taken by themselves and NOT plagiarized from the internet. A contest entry is not valid if the photograph is taken from the internet. Visit Sweden reserves the right to judge the images and the source of the photograph.
15. Visit Sweden AB may at its sole discretion and without consultation or prior notice to the participants, at any time, to substitute or replace the Prize with any other prizes of similar value.
16. Visit Sweden AB shall notify the Winners by declaring the same on the Visit Sweden Facebook page.
17. If the Winner wishes to travel elsewhere from Sweden and not return to India, then all expenses associated with that journey will be borne by the winner, including but not limited to travel, accommodation, food, boarding, lodging and any other expenses the winner may incur such as medical expenses, mobile/telephone, travel co-ordination expenses and any other charges incurred by the winner.
18. All expenses for the activities detailed in the Contest itinerary will be borne by the winner.
19. The participants and the Winners undertake to indemnify Visit Sweden AB, its Directors, agents, employees and assignees from all claims, demands, damages or expenses as a result of breaching these conditions, negligence or otherwise arising out of their participation in the Contest.
20. Incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or incorrect entries or any entry which violates or breaches the T&C will automatically be disqualified. Entries received after the Closing Date/Time will be disqualified. The decision of Visit Sweden AB to shortlist the participants and decide the Winner shall be final and binding on the participant.
21. Visit Sweden AB shall have the sole discretion in shortlisting the entries and deciding on the Winner. Participants shall not be entitled to question the selection procedure.
22. The Prize is non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered in lieu of the Prize. The Winner shall not be refunded cash in case he/she wishes not to go on the trip or any part of the same.
23. The Prize is subject to government taxes and such other taxes as may be applicable/in force from time to time, which will need to be paid for by the Winner.
24. Visit Sweden AB reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at any time, where it has reasonable grounds for believing that the initially selected Winner has contravened any of the T&C or does not qualify for the Prize for any reason. Any alternative Winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original Winner.
25. Visit Sweden AB reserves the absolute right to interpret, vary, alter, change, amend or modify any of the T&C of the Contest at any time it is in force at its discretion and without any prior notice and without assigning any reason.
26. Visit Sweden AB reserves the right to postpone/ cancel the Contest for any reason whatsoever including due to the provisions of any statute or rules or regulations as may be in force from time to time.
27. In the event of any breach/ violation of the T&C by the participant, the participant shall be disqualified from the contest and shall solely remain liable for any action (criminal/civil) arising therefrom.
28. Visit Sweden AB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant that is found or suspected of tampering with the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest. Visit Sweden AB reserves the right to disqualify any person who it reasonably suspects has violated or infringed any of these T&C and Visit Sweden reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this Contest or the Contest submission process.
29. The Participants agree and undertake that the comments/data/photos/videos/links/content/tweets that they upload on Visit Sweden’s India Facebook Page, shall not in any way hurt religious sentiments and/or be disrespectful to any caste, community, creed, etc., and shall not in any way be obscene, vulgar, disrespectful to women or defamatory in any manner and shall not offend the sensibilities of a person of reasonable prudence, nor shall be in violation of any intellectual property rights of third parties and/or applicable laws.
30. The copyrights and other intellectual property rights of all materials (i.e. photographs, writings, and slogans) taken or received in connection with this Contest will remain the sole property of Visit Sweden AB. Participation in the Contest by the participant shall constitute as permission/express consent of the participants and the Winners for Visit Sweden and its affiliates to click photographs, record videos of the participant and use the participants’/Winners’ name, photographs, likeness, voice and comments including all materials submitted during the Contest by such participants and Winners for advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide for purposes of advertising and trade without any prior notice to the participants and Winners who by submitting their entries to the Contest consent to such use by Visit Sweden AB. The participants and the Winner shall not be entitled to claim ownership or other forms of additional compensation whatsoever on the materials.