Paypal India Entrepreneur Vote & Win Contest
Participate in this contest and stand a chance to win JBL Headphones.Our PayPal Entrepreneur Contest provides a unique platform for business-owners to get recognized for their hard work. Across India, entrepreneurs have shared their inspiring stories. It’s now time to support your favourite entrepreneur with a vote. You could stand a chance to win JBL headphones.
How To Participate:
Participants should visit https://www.paypal-proserv.com/newmoney/celebrating-entrepreneurs/ (“Microsite”) and click on the ‘Nominate Now’ link. Then they should log into or sign up for a PayPal account and complete the nomination details by filling the bank fields with original content (“Content”) and click ‘Submit’ to submit their entry.
Contest Eligibility- Open to India Residents Only
Eligibility:The PayPal Entrepreneur Contest (the “Contest”) is a contest of chance and is open to legal residents of India who are over 18 years old, who are physically located and reside in India and who are confirmed registered members of www.paypal.com at the time of entry with an India PayPal account (“Eligible Participant”). An Indian resident accessing the Microsite (defined below) or PayPal’s website page from a foreign IP address may not be able to participate due to the contest being geo blocked outside India. Non-resident Indians are not eligible for participation in the Contest even if they participate by accessing the Microsite page of the channel/channel website from an Indian IP address. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of PayPal Pte. Ltd. (“PayPal PL”), a subsidiary of PayPal, Inc. (“PayPal”), its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this contest or are connected to this contest in any way are not eligible to enter.
- How to enter:
- The Contest shall be hosted on the website www.paypal.com. The Contest will be commencing on December 27, 2016 at 08:00 hours Indian Standard Time (“IST”) and shall end on March 31, 2017 at 23:59 hours IST on the Website (“Period”).
- Eligible Participants can enter the Contest themselves or nominate another entrepreneur (“Nominated Participant”) to participate in the Contest.
- To participate, Eligible Participants should visit https://www.paypal-proserv.com/newmoney/celebrating-entrepreneurs/ (“Microsite”) and click on the ‘Nominate Now’ link. Then they should log into or sign up for a PayPal account and complete the nomination details by filling the bank fields with original content (“Content”) and click ‘Submit’ to submit their entry.
- Eligible Participants can also nominate other Eligible Participants (Nominated Participant) they know to participate in Contest by forwarding the Microsite. To participate in the Contest, the Nominated Participants should sign up for PayPal Services by agreeing on the terms and conditions on PayPal’s site and also upload the Content as described above.
- The Content of all participants and their profile will be displayed on the site and other Eligible Participants can vote for a participant.
- The voting phase will be live from 7th February 2017 to 31st March 2017. Participants can vote for their favorite nominee by visiting the ‘Gallery’ section in the Microsite.
- Determination of Winners:
- A panel of judges engaged by PayPal will judge the entries on the basis of the quality of the Content uploaded by the participant as well as the number of votes received by the participant.
- The judges will invite a limited number of participants to present their business ideas directly to the judge(s) over video conference. After the presentations, the judges will decide the winner based on the quality of the Content and the presentations made to the judges.
- 8 Winners for the voting phase will be selected by a random drawing.
- PayPal will reward the individuals declared as the winner (Contest Winner) with a trip to Singapore from India. PayPal will bear the cost of the Winners flight and hotel stay for a 4 day trip to Singapore. It is clarified that PayPal will not be responsible for securing the visa/ passport or any other travel documents/permissions for the Contest Winner.
- PayPal will also reward 8 participants who vote on the Microsite (Lucky Winners) with JBL headphones or similar prizes. The Lucky Winners will be selected by a random drawing.
- Lucky Winners and Contest Winners are jointly referred as Winners. The Singapore trip and the JBL headphones or similar prizes are jointly referred as Prize or Prizes.
- All Winners will be announced on or before 15th May 2017
- All Winners will be contacted individually for logistical details
- Lucky winners will receive Prizes on or before 15th July 2017
- All other costs not specifically stated here is the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes won by the Winners are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except that PayPal at its sole discretion may substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Specifics of the prizes are in PayPal’s sole discretion. All claimed prizes will be awarded, providing there are a sufficient number of eligible entries received. If Winner is deemed a minor in his/her place of residence, prize will NOT be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
- Privacy:This Contest requires the participants to provide personal information such as name, email id, address and mobile number and their entrepreneurial story along with videos/pictures (“Personal Identifiable Information”). The Personal Identifiable Information is requested to process the results of the Contest (for example, identifying entries, etc.), declare and inform the winners of the Contest.Each participant shall ensure that it has all rights and authorizations under applicable law to nominate and refer a Nominated Participant and send emails and other communications to the Nominated Participant. Each participant shall be solely and exclusively responsible for breaching the privacy rights of any Nominated Participant. Participant shall indemnify PayPal and hold it harmless and exonerate PayPal in accordance if Paypal is, was or is threatened to be made, a party to or a participant (as a witness or otherwise) in any proceeding or action or claim brought by the Nominated Participant against PayPal.
- Other Terms and Conditions:
- PayPal assumes no responsibility for errors, timeliness, deletion, miss-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. Users are responsible for obtaining access to the Microsite.
- PayPal is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such entries. Participant further understands and acknowledges that he/she may be exposed to entries that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and he/she agrees to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies he/she has or may have against PayPal with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold PayPal its owners/operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to his/her access to or use of the Microsite or PayPal’s website.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to follow these Terms and Conditions and to be bound by any decisions made by PayPal in its sole discretion, including any interpretations of the Terms and Conditions.
- PayPal including their divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective agents and representatives, owners, distributors, retailers, and advertising/promotion agencies, are not responsible for any loss of entries for any reason whatsoever including, due to any problems caused, service providers, technical disruption and/or failure/ server problems and/ or any other difficulties for entries received after the deadline. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- PayPal reserves its right to select and declare or not to declare the Winner if no contestant has submitted entries up to the satisfaction of PayPal. Decision of PayPal in this regard is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- While accepting the Prize, the Winners may be required to sign an “indemnity and release of claims” form provided by PayPal, as the case may be, which shall release PayPal of all liability. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by PayPal may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. All decisions of PayPal are final in this regard.
- Mere participation in the Contest does not entitle the participants to win Prizes.
- The Prizes will be awarded to pursuant to verification and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- PayPal does not provide any implied or express warranties or guarantees with respect to usability of the Prize.
- Prize is not transferable, assignable or exchangeable. The Prize cannot be negotiated or refunded, and by no means will cash equivalent be given. Only the Winner, and the one who nominates and no other agent, may claim the Prize.
- PayPal reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to amend/change/vary any of the terms and condition for the Contest at any time without any prior notice. By entering into the Contest the participant agrees to such amended terms.
- PayPal is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the Terms and Conditions contained herein. All information provided in the Contest is provided “As is” without warranty of any kind. PayPal makes no representations and disclaims all express, implied, and statutory warranties of any kind to the participant and/or any third party including, without limitation, warranties as to accuracy, timelines, completeness, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose.
- By entering into the Contest, the Winner waive all copyrights, rights of publicity and any related rights and consents to PayPal’s right to picture, tape or portray him/her as a Contest Winner, and to exhibit this material in any and all media now existing or hereinafter created, including without limitation television, film, radio and print media, without any compensation whatsoever for advertising and publicity purposes, except where prohibited by law. The Prize Winner also consent to PayPal’s right to use his/her name, voice or picture, or the content of his/her Contest Entry(ies) (collectively, the “Publicity Rights”).
- Under no circumstance shall PayPal including its affiliates and subsidiaries and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable to the contestant/user and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever, even if PayPal has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Non-conformance by any participant and /or Winner of the Contest will result in immediate disqualification of the participant/Winner from participation or winning the Prize as the case maybe.
- Providing information to PayPal is your choice. By entering the Contest and logging in on the Microsite, you agree to allow us authorized use of your information and you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
- PayPal reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of this Contest and to alter or terminate the Contest at any time.
- The decisions of PayPal and its representatives shall be final and binding on all aspects of the Contest.
- The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of Singapore. All matters with respect to the Contest are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore only.
- Your participation in the Contest by submitting the Entries will be construed as an acceptance of the above stated Terms and Conditions.